C L O S E D for 2 0 1 3
Musicians: Please upload your unique to CXCW 2013 video (i.e. for the CXCW festival) to YouTube or Vimeo and send the link to us via the below form or to DO NOT E-MAIL US, SUBMISSIONS ARE CLOSED. (Think of this video as your performance for the Couch by Couchwest audience.)
- Videos do not have to be recorded on a couch, but they should be recorded essentially anywhere but a stage (we encourage creativity). See these videos from CXCW 2012 for examples.
- Submitted videos should be unique (i.e. for the CXCW audience). Please do not send us promos, EPK’s, live concert footage, music videos, slideshows, etc…
- Low-budget iPhone videos are absolutely acceptable, in fact, they are encouraged.
- You may do more than one video, but if we run out of time we may post both videos at the same time, or post only one. Your best bet is to do one kick-ass video that knocks our socks off!
- Please tag your video with “CXCW2013″ so that we may keep track of it on our YouTube channel (if you use Vimeo or some other service, please do the same).
- Also please include where you are from and any links you wish us to use (website, facebook, twitter, etc…) so that we may point our readers to you.
- We love all types of music and will try to post everything (unless overly offensive of course…i.e. Nickleback covers). Only Darius Rucker* is allowed to send in a video of “Wagon Wheel.”
*The Darius Rucker “Wagon Wheel” provision was enacted in 2012 well before his version was even recorded, and quite frankly, we are amazed and sickened at the power we wield. Proof. This provision still stands and is henceforth known as the Darius Rucker Wagon Wheel Provision of 2012.
Those in the crowd: we want to see how you spend the CXCW festival! Send us pics of your CXCW festivities, recipes, haikus, pet photos, avant garde performance art, kegerator, moonshine still, etc… via STOP SENDING US STUFF.
We are currently accepting submissions, but we will not begin posting them until March 10. Receiving videos ahead of time makes life a lot easier on this end, and allows us more time to watch videos and drink beer during the week (hint hint).
The last day to submit photos/videos is at 12:00pm Noon Eastern/9:00am Pacific time March 16th! Submissions are closed!
Remember, we do hand out dubious awards at the end of the festival so be creative and get your rock on!